School Holiday Program - Sustainable Art Workshop
Learn how to make sustainable art with plastics!
In this plastic recycling workshop, youth will learn from artist Cesar (Aoracreo) about the potential uses of plastic bags. Through years of experimentation, he has been able to produce a number of different products such as bags and wallets, and he has found that there is no need for more extraction of natural resources to make new raw materials for the production of these.
Each workshop will culminate with the participants creating their own accessories with upcycled plastics, and making art in the process!
The essence and intention of this workshop is to explore creative and useful ways for people to recycle plastics, and ultimately reduce the impact on the environment.
The workshop includes a professional demonstration from the creator of Aoracreo. We will also provide you with all materials, safety equipment (gloves, mask, aprons) etc.
A light morning tea is also provided.
The products or materials made by participants are for them to take home or for future projects.
Minimum age 13+ years.
- Participants will learn from artist Cesar (Aoracreo) all about making sustainable art with plastics, how to use the material and how to make something useful!
- apart from earning new skills and recycling mind set. Each participant will get to take the final product (little pouch or wallet) home at the end of the class
- Street Parking available on Dudley St (metered)
- Closest/cheapest parking CARe Park, Lot 156 West Tower. 338-360 Dudley St
West Melbourne. 24/7 hour car park, pay and display, $11 for 12 Hours, 700m from Blender Studios (6 minutes walk)
- All materials are provided. However, it will be great to bring some plastic bags (5-10 each)
Anyone interested in combining sustainability with creativity! Ages 13+
Blender Studios requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Blender Studios to organise a refund or transfer
Blender Studios reserves the right to cancel workshops should the minimum number of bookings not be met.
In the case that a workshop is cancelled, you will receive a full refund or credit.
Weather Contingency: Workshops will run regardless of unfavourable weather conditions.
No Show- No refund.
Cancellation must be made via e-mail or phone call at least 48hrs prior the workshop time.