Gift this class
Kids Art Program - Stencil Art Workshop
This workshop offers an introduction to spray-painting through stencils. Every young person will design and create their own stencil that they will cut from acetate. Using a combination of basic freehand skills and stencilling techniques, each young person will then spray-paint a canvas that they will get to keep.
Every participant will create their own re-usable stencil and artwork on a canvas, both of which can be taken home.
Participants will learn basic spraypaint skills which can be applied to a range of projects. This is a great prerequisite to our Freehand Spraypainting Workshop!
The workshop includes a professional street art demonstration from one of Melbourne’s most prolific street artists. We will also provide you with all materials including acetate, markers, cutting knives and mats, spray paint, safety equipment (gloves, mask, aprons) etc. Every participant also gets their own canvas to paint and take home.
A light morning tea is also provided.
- Learn how to design and make your own street art stencil from scratch
- Discover the history and relevance of stencils within the street art movement
- Create your own piece of spray painted art onto a canvas to take home
- Professional street art demonstration by our renowned stencil artists
- All materials to create your own street art stencil
- A canvas to take home painted with your own artwork
- The chance to explore the famous Blender Studios
- Your creative enthusiasm
- A reference image or photo if you have something specific in mind that you would like to work with (please note this is not mandatory however)
- Any other objects that you might want to paint your stencil on to such as a book cover etc.
Appropriate clothing for a painting class! If spray paint gets on your clothes, chances are it won’t come out.
Anyone interested in learning more about street art, or looking for a fun creative activity. You don’t need to be a good drawer for this class, just come along with your creative enthusiasm!
Blender Studios reserves the right to cancel workshops should the minimum number of bookings not be met.
In the case that a workshop is cancelled, you will receive a full refund or credit.
Weather Contingency: Workshops will run regardless of unfavourable weather conditions.
No Show- No refund.
Cancellation must be made via e-mail or phone call at least 48hrs prior the workshop time.
Blender Studios requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Blender Studios to organise a refund or transfer